The Pioneer Account is a transactional account that is specially designed for students. It is easy to open, offers a low banking fees and value adds associated with students most pressing needs. We understand that students’ lives are busy and need access to cash, so the Pioneer account has been designed to give students more time for studying and less time for day-to-day banking
What does it offer me?
- Free Prepaid Airtime purchase
- Free POS purchases (local & international)
- Free electricity purchase
- 10 free SBN ATM cash withdrawals (countrywide)
- Free cash deposits
- Free Debit card purchases, local and international
- Free subscription fees (IB, SBN App, Cellphone Banking, MyUpdates)
- Free Balance Enquiry at SBN Cellphone Banking, Internet Banking, SBN App
- Free Mini statement at SBN Cellphone Banking, Internet Banking, SBN App
- Free Interaccount transfers (Internet Banking, Cellphone Banking, ATM, SBN App)
- N$50.00 worth of shopping (at selected retailers), or airtime, or electricity with their first deposit into the account.
- Student loan
Students registered at a recognised tertiary education centre for part-time and full-time studies between the ages of 18 to 30 years
How do I apply?
- Identity document
- Letter from tertiary institution (Proof of Registration)
- Proof of residence, which may be in a form of utility bill or rental agreement